Projects and Bids/RFPs
There are various public works and other projects that are either recently completed, near completion, and coming up.
None at current time...
Bids... (Reroofing City Hall and Repairs March 2017)
The City of Locust Grove, Georgia is accepting quotations/bids for work on the reroofing and exterior soffit, siding, fascia and trim renovation of the Locust Grove City Hall Building (LGI Building), located at 3644 Highway 42, Locust Grove, GA 30248.
A Pre-Bid Site Meeting will be held on:
Site Visit Date: March 7, 2017
Site Visit Time: 10:00 AM
Site Visit Address: City Hall, 3644 Georgia 42, Locust Grove, GA 30248
Request is posted at City Hall and may be found on our website www.locustgrove-ga.gov under Resources – Projects and Bids. For purposes of coordination and full project description with Bid Package, primary contact for project information is:
JR Bowman Construction
Attention: Jr. John Bush Sr.
1605 South Zack Hinton Parkway
McDonough, GA 30253
Fax: (770) 389-9706
SPLOST III (Sale Tax current allocation)
- Purchase of Property for Public Use. Purchase of property adjacent to City Hall for permanent parking as well as purchase of the cemetery site for perpetual maintenance. $1.125 million. Complete.
- Renovation of City Hall. Repair and replace roof, soffits, and eaves. Paint all exterior trim and fire escapes, installation of new awnings on lower level side entrances. Cost of approximately $85,000. Completed in November 2009. Latest renovation is a pitched roof over the former lunchroom addition in order to fix leaks over the old flat, membrane-type roof. Cost just over $20,000 and completed November 21, 2011. Picture to the RIGHT> UPDATE, courtroom renovation completed July 2012.
- Relocation of Public Works. Completed at less than $700,000
- Parks and Recreation: Trailhead. Completed 2011 at $251,000
SPLOST III/IV (Sale Tax current allocation)
- Parks and Recreation: Locust Grove Station Softball Park. Joint venture with Henry County to complete softball complex begun by DRA Development in 2006. Install lighting, stands, concessions area and sod on the fields. Local Costs estimated at $254,000. Total Cost over $650,000. Completed 3 fields with additional field site set for more parking and other uses in 2016. First tournament play in March 2016.
- Bill Gardner at I-75 Interchange Modification Report (IMR). Completed in 2012.
- Connecting Trails/Multiuse Path Extension. Modification and extension of the multiuse pathways in Locust Grove Station to Tanger Outlet Center along Tanger Boulevard, with extension along LG-Griffin Road to Cleveland Street. Retrofit of original work completed in 2014.
- Auxiliary lane on Bill Gardner Parkway between I-75 NB off ramp to Tanger Boulevard. Estimated cost of over $300,000 of which private developer will design and construct majority of lane. Joint effort with Henry County, City, and GaDOT. Completed Spring 2012 at cost of $197,000.
- New Road connecting Highway 42 to Bill Gardner at Tanger Boulevard. This is a privately-funded road to facilitate the development of a new Walmart store and future commercial development. Estimated cost of over $3 million and completed by 2011. Construction underway as part of the Walmart #5709 construction. New roadway now complete and is called Market Place Boulevard. Walmart opened March 16, 2011.
SPLOST IV Projects
- Public Safety Building. With master plan design completed with SPLOST III money, work continues with SPLOST IV and is now 60% complete with a new 18,200 square foot Police and Courts facilty that is state of the art, with all new construction of holding cells, evidence storage, administrative offices, training facilities and a court room for over 125 in attendance. This $4,800,000 project is in addition to the relocation of Fire Station #2 by Henry County. Overall investment is nearly $7,500,000 by local City, County and SPLOST funds. Anticipated completion is late 2016.
City Hall Renovations. This first project for SPLOST IV resulted in a rejuvenated Audiorium with new HVAC, new curtains, renovated stage and flooring. Also there were improvements to the entire building with new windows and doors for increased energy efficiency as well as inproved safety and security. Overall costs were less than the $225,000 budget and completed on time.
Overhead Crossing Study. This next project will enlist a consultant to conduct analysis for a new overhead bridge crossing to link the city when trains block travel E-W. Estimated at $50,000, the RFP is to be let later this year
- Bill Gardner Parkway/Transportation Improvements. These projects are to work on improvements along Bill Gardner Parkway between Tanger and along the I-75 ramps with possible turning lanes, channelization, and signal improvements where feasible.
- Tanger Boulevard Improvements. This project is now complete and involved the repaving of a 1.1-mile stretch from Bill Gardner Parkway to Indian Creek Road, including striping and utility / shoulder work. Combined with over $160,000 of GDOT LMIG improvement grant money. Total cost approximately $465,000.